Huda Beauty launches 3D Highlighter
The UAE beauty mogul is set to launch her range of highlighters this week – here’s what we know so far:
• It launches online and in Sephora stores April 17 and will be priced at $45 (that’s around Dh165).
• The shades are named after some of Huda’s favourite places in the world, including Santorini, the Seychelles and Capri.
• There are two shades – Golden Sands for warmer skin tones and Pink Sands for cooler skin tones.
• They are made using shea butter to smooth the skin and real pearl, rather than glitter, so the colour melts onto your face.
• Make time for it: There are four steps to applying the product: Prep to highlight your cheek bones, set, to highlight your cheeks, sculpt, to highlight under the cheek bones and flush, to highlight in between cheek bones and under the cheek bones.
• According to Huda if you apply the product properly using all four highlighters they will create a dimensional glow, a gradient of all four glows rather than a harsh line.
Essie has opened its first a standalone salon in Dubai, offering everything for your nails, from straight-off-the-catwalk nail art to classic manicures and pedicures. Nails Avenue in City Walk opened last month and the event was attended by global lead educator and nail artist, Rita Remark, who recreated her nail art looks from fashion shows including Alexander Wang, Altuzarra, Jenny Packham, and Oscar de la Renta. The looks created by Rita herself for the shows are now on offer at the salon. A regular manicure starts at Dh75, with nail art from Dh15 per nail.
Reese Witherspoon tells a story
Reese Witherspoon has been appointed ‘Storyteller-in-Chief’ at Elizabeth Arden. Wondering what that means? Us too! According to the beauty brand, Reese will help shape the brand’s narrative for advertising campaigns and marketing content. She’s also going to appear in a number of said campaigns for the foreseeable future. Essentially Reese, will be the new face of the brand, including new products, but will be involved in the concepts and design of the brand’s image, too – a new twist on the brand ambassador role. We look forward to seeing her work!
New spa treatment alert!
Tips & Toes new Energy Healing massage
The beauty salon has launched a new Energy Healing massage (sounds like something I need!). Using ancient techniques from Bali, the head and body massage aims to de-stress and balance the mind. The 90-minute treatment aims to promote restored mental health and emotional harmony – sounds lush! There’s a special introductory price of Dh275 throughout May; call 04 399 0550.
Mugler for Men
Get your man smelling gorgeous with A*Men Kryptomint; a fresh and minty updated version of the classic A*Men Eau de Toilette from Mugler. This scent is different from any other out there and uses patchouli and a dash of fresh peppermint. It’s certainly different but it works! Dhxxx, available at beauty counters nationwide.