Beginning this week, Sanjeev Verma, Director at Intelligent Partners, a Dubai-based company that offers a wide range of solutions in areas of international education, will answer reader’s questions every Monday on education and options for higher studies overseas.
Sanjeev has been a contributing columnist with Gulf News and many other publications. He began his career with Ernst & Young before moving on to set up the Gulf operations of IDP Education Pty.
He will address queries on all areas of overseas education including college application timelines, comparative analysis of higher education offered at various countries, college selection, how to approach psychometric tests and on the new SAT.
Readers can email their queries to email@example.com
Here, he answers a question related to ACCA:
Is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) accepted all over the world? I’d like to apply to a Canadian University for ACCA.
ACCA is accepted worldwide, it is new and competitive. The overall essence of ACCA may appear as passing papers/exams and gaining the qualification on par to a Chartered Accountant.
One can simultaneously do an MBA whilst studying the ACCA, or a degree in Accounts and Finance. Further ACCA allows students to gain insights in the General Accepting Accounting Principles (GAAP), and International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS), which is considered as an asset in a candidate applying to an MNC. Remunerations in international markets will be high with additional qualifications along with ACCA.
How do you register for ACCA?
ACCA registrations can be completed online on the ACCA global portal.
When should one start applications to the Canadian Universities?
14 months before college
- Research various college/ universities with your counselor
- Start short listing colleges/ universities
- Check deadlines and all necessary documents each university needs
12 months to go
- Prepare for SAT/ACT/ GMAT/ GRE/ IELTS
- Identify your 2/3 references and give them the reference forms
- Request for transcripts from your school
- Write your essay (or personal statement)
10 months to go
- Apply to the shortlisted colleges/ universities
- Make a decision as soon as you get your acceptance letters
- Organize to pay your non-refundable deposit
8 months to go
- Check if there are any scholarships available
- Organize your funds for tuition and living
- Collect all your documents for your visa
3 months before
- Apply for your students visa
- Book your accommodation
- Ask IP counselor to help with travel arrangements
Intelligent Partners provides admission counseling to students for universities in UK, USA, Canada, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and other European countries.