100g basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for 15 mins
1 litre milk
1 tsp green cardamoms, bruised
200g sweetened condensed milk
150g milk powder
2 tsp pistachio slivers
60g cashew nuts, chopped
2 tsp almond slivers
1. Drain rice through a muslin cloth then grind until it gets a semolina-like texture. Stir in a few tablespoons of milk.
2. Bring remaining milk to a boil. Add cardamom and rice powder mixture, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook over mediumhigh heat until rice is cooked and pudding thickens.
3. Reduce heat to low, add condensed milk and milk powder and stir well to combine.
4. Add half pistachios, cashews and almonds. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
5. Remove from heat, leave to cool then refrigerate until cold. Garnish with remaining nuts and saffron and serve cold.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Recipe by Chef Amit Ghosh, India Palace SFC Group