1. Those with a tight budget can still show mum they care, by booking her into Soul Wellness & Spa’s free mandala workshop. Led by visual artist Abigail de Jong, she will learn how to create and colour her own mandalas as part of a holistic healing practice, to aid meditation and combat stress.
Mandala workshop, free, advance bookings recommended; Soul Wellness & Spa, Sheraton Grand Hotel Dubai; 04 3503 4100
2. Take mum out for a double dose of top-to-toe pampering with this special deal at Saray Spa. The Girls’ Day Out offer includes your choice of a 30-minute facial or back massage, finished off by a customised 15-minute foot reflexology session.
Girls’ Day, Dh300 per person; Saray Spa, JW Marriott Marquis Dubai; 04 414 6754
3. Heavenly Spa is taking a huge 50 per cent off a selection of their most popular treatments every weekday this month, with relaxing massages and skin-smoothing facials all on the menu. There’s no better excuse to take the day off work for a spa day with ma.
50 per cent off selected treatments, 9am-4pm, Sunday-Thursday; Heavenly Spa, The Westin Al Habtoor City Dubai; 04 437 3300
4. It takes two to enjoy Fairmont The Palm’s decadent duo package. Start off with the 60-minute spa treatment of your choice – the massages in particular are all winners – before emerging for the award-winning afternoon tea at the hotel’s Mashrabiya Lounge for a spectacular selection of hot and cold savouries, sweet pastries and cakes, plus mum’s favourite brew.
Mother and Daughter’s Spa and Tea Day, Dh550 per person; Willow Stream Spa, Fairmont the Palm Dubai; 04 457 3545
5. Pencil in a beauty refuel day with mum at the hip We Nails. This cool salon has five packages to get her ready for the week, each including a mani and pedi, plus her favourite treatment. The mani-pedi-eyelash extensions deal is unmissable at Dh440, while the mani-pedi-massage set (Dh250) will help restore both body and soul.
March packages, from Dh210; We Nails Dubai, Skyview Tower, Jumeirah Beach Road; 04 452 8226
6. Join the ‘Beautiful People of Dubai’ with BPOD’s mega mother-daughter package. For Dh750, the two of you can catch up over manicures, pedicures, and hydrating hair treatments finished off with a tailored blow dry. Lastly, guests can choose from an eyebrow or upper lip threading for a little extra polish
Mother-daughter package, Dh750 for two people; BPOD Salon & Spa, Al Saqr Business Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai; 04 336 1894
7. Say hola to Ola Spa’s Mother’s Day package, for the mum who doesn’t mind getting her hands dirty. The signature spa at Lapita Hotel is offering 50 per cent off its Purity Mud Ritual until the end of March. The 90-minute treatment will see mum scrubbed, massaged and wrapped in 100 per cent Dead Sea mud, leaving her skin nourished and revitalized by calcium and magnesium.
Purity Mud Ritual, Dh342.50; Ola Spa, Lapita Hotel, Dubai Parks and Resorts; 04 810 9660
8. Return the favour and get mum’s hair braided at The BlowOut Bar. The Golden Mile location is celebrating both strong women and the release of the new Tomb Raider film with a trio of braid styles, available only this month. Mum can channel her inner Lara Croft with a double plait style, or go classic with a twist and try the textured split fishtail braid.
Tomb Braider styles, Dh150-200; The BlowOut Bar, Building 10, Golden Mile Galleria, Palm Jumeirah; 800 256 9688
9. Help mum relieve years of stressful parenting with a special Mother’s Day offer from Tao Spa. They’re offering 50 per cent off any of their massages when you book a full-priced massage for yourself. We recommend the hot shell massage for deep muscle release, or the purva karma four-hand massage to help mum relax in luxury.
Mother’s Day 50 per cent off offer, 60 minute massages from Dh280; Tao Spa, The Mall, Jumeirah Road, Dubai; 04 884 5220
10. Stylish mums will love anything Armani – and a day at the Armani Hotel’s five-star spa is no exception. Their marathon 100-minute Mother’s Day ritual will treat her to a smoothing body scrub, rejuvenating massage and indulgent facial. A take-home gift of a luxury body product will secure your spot as her favourite child for years to come.
Mother’s Day Ritual, Dh880; Armani/Spa, Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa; 04 888 3282
Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
11. Mums-to-be can celebrate an early Mother’s Day with a custom prenatal massage at Tips & Toes. The salon’s newest massage is reduced to Dh289 from Dh336 for the entirety of March, and promises to alleviate the aches and pains that come with pregnancy, from stiff joints to swelling and cramps.
Pregnancy massage, Dh289; Tips & Toes, Hili Mall, Bani Yas Street, Al Ain and across all UAE salons; 03 785 3444
12. Give mum that little extra with the Saray Spa at Marriott Hotel Al Forsan offering a bonus 30-minute massage or an express facial for free when you book any 60-minute massage. We like the classic aromatherapy massage, ideal for mums who deserve that extra R&R.
Mother’s Day extra, offer valid March 20-25, 2018, price varies according to treatment; Saray Spa, Marriott Hotel Al Forsan, Abu Dhabi; 02 201 4000
13. Abu Dhabi mums can update their look with a new ‘do thanks to the experts at Rossano Ferretti. Trained in ‘The Method’, the salon’s stylists will conceive a look that suits her personal style, or find just the right colour for her locks. Book mum in for any hair service this Mother’s Day, and she’ll receive a free manicure or pedicure.
Price varies according to hair service, offer valid March 21, 2018; Rossano Ferretti, villa 306, Karamah Street, Abu Dhabi (deal also available at Dubai location); 02 645 3313
14. Life’s a beach for mums at the Iridium Spa at the St. Regis Abu Dhabi. Their new Spa Beach Cabana is the perfect escape from the everyday, with guests able to receive their treatment of choice in the secluded and shaded speciality cabana amid the sounds of lapping waves. The Love Your Mother deal makes it extra special when you book any 1-hour facial, adding a free 30-minute back massage, skin analysis session, full use of the spa’s stunning facilities and Dh100 voucher to redeem on future bookings.
Love Your Mother package, Dh570; Iridium Spa, St. Regis Abu Dhabi; 02 694 4444
15. Mum can cover all bases at CHI The Spa at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri. The spa’s doubled up on two of its favourite treatments, with lucky mums scoring a 60-minute massage and a rehydrating facial for a special package price of Dh450. Add on a pedicure for Dh70, or a gel manicure for Dh60 and she’ll be smiling until next Mother’s Day rolls around.
Massage & facial package, Dh450. Add pedicure for Dh70, or gel manicure for Dh60; CHI The Spa, Shangri-La Qaryat al Beri, Abu Dhabi; 02 509 8903
16. Show mum she’s good as gold with a special pampering package from Corpofino Spa. The Shine As Gold offer includes a host of precious metal-themed treatments, including Fleur’s Gold Body Treatment, Fleur’s Gold Face Treatment, Core Precious Skin and polish application to both hands and feet.
Shine As Gold offer, Dh1,200 (usually Dh1570); Corpofino Skin Care Clinic & Spa, Al Saasa Street, Al Mushrif, Abu Dhbi; 02 445 2800
17. Take mum on the ultimate spa weekend for some quality bonding time. The luxurious Premier room at Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah, will be your base for two nights, with full access to the stunning in-house spa included, along with a 60-minute spa treatment for two and a 45-minute yoga session that will leave the both of you feeling serene ahead of breakfast at Vinesse Restaurant.
Spa Weekend package, Dh3,150 for two person/room, offer valid until 15th May 2018; The Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah, Ajman; 058 567 0730
18. Mums who deserve the royal treatment will be indulged at Al Shifa Spa. Book her in for The Royal Indian package, a luxurious two hours of ayurveda-influenced beauty rituals. First an Indian head massage to clear her mind, before a full body massage using specially selected warmed ayurvedic oils. She’ll leave feeling like a queen.
The Royal Indian Package, Dh450; Al Shifa Spa, Ramada Ajman; 06 703 1111
19. The luxury suite experience at GOCO Spa has to be the most relaxing way to spend some quality time with mum. The spa’s own beauty concierge will tailor a skincare ritual for the two of you, whether you want to detoxify, rejuvenate or brighten, with a variety of scrubs, wraps, facials and massages all options over the 120-minute session.
Luxury suite personalised ritual, Dh1,595 for two; GOCO Spa, Ajman Saray; 06 714 2370
20. Mum can truly take the full day to herself thanks to Willow Stream Spa’s generous Mother’s Day package. A Day of Rejuvenation includes 150 minutes of pamper time, including a 30-minute sumac body scrub, a 30-minute palmerie body wrap, a 60-minute body massage, and a 30-minute mini facial. Add in a free day pass for Little Sailors Kids Club, a signature JING tea, and a Hammamii skin care product, and mum’s day is made.
A Day of Rejuvenation, Dh700, offer valid 16th-26th March 2018; Willow Stream Spa, Fairmont Fujairah; 09 204 1035
21. Sensitive mums are catered to at Spa Al Aqah, with a Clarins Aromatic Facial Treatment specially designed to talk down touchy skin types. Described as an SOS for sensitive skin, her complexion will be immediately soothed and repaired after 60-minutes with a Clarins therapist.
Clarins Totally Gentle Facial Treatment, Dh400; Spa Al Aqah, Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah; 09 244 9000
22. She’ll feel like Cleopatra after a day at The Ritz-Carlton Spa in Al Wadi Desert. The luxury spa’s Egyptian Ritual make the most of nourishing ingredients such as honey, oatmeal, aloe and avocado, incorporating them into 150 minutes of bliss. Mum will enjoy a full body exfoliation, body wrap, and aromatherapy massage, before sinking into her own milk and honey bath for a long soak.
Egyptian Ritual, Dh1,150+; The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Ritz Carlton Al Wadi Desert, Ras Al Khaimah; 07 206 7777
23. Combining the benefits of a classic hammam bath with the techniques of an Asian-style massage, she’ll be glowing with happiness after trying the Moroccan Oriental treatment at The Spa at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah. The traditional hour-long scrub and soaping on the heated hammam slab is followed up with a 60-minute massage to release any remaining tension in the body.
Moroccan Oriental treatment, Dh495; The Spa, Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa; 07 228 8844
24. Mamas in Sharjah have their pick at the Coral Beach Resort. The resort’s Styles n Smiles Beauty Salon, and The Elegance Spa are both offering 20 per cent off all services during March, so she can start the day with a deep tissue massage at the spa, and prep for a night out with a salon blow-out
20 per cent off all services (minimum spend of Dh200); Styles n Smiles Beauty Salon and The Elegance Spa, Coral Beach Resort Sharjah; 06 522 9999
25. French skincare know-how meets Middle Eastern traditions at the Imar Spa hammam. Show your appreciation by booking mum in for the Kosme Paris Hammam Experience. The multistep process uses ancient exfoliation techniques and Kosme Paris’ high-end products, including Mauritian Sugar Scrub, Island Flower Oil, and Fine Three Tea Body Cream to smooth and soothe skin.
Kosme Paris Hammam Experience, Dh450; Imar Spa, Al Dar Al Baida, Umm Al Quwain; 06 766 4440
Across the UAE
26. Shower your mother with caviar and pearls – or close enough – at Bedashing. The salon’s Mother’s Day package includes a caviar and pearls hands and feet treatment, manicure, pedicure, and beach waves hair styling for both you and mum.
Mother’s Day package, Dh600 for two; Bedashing Beauty Lounge, across all UAE locations; 600 560 037
27. The Nail Spa and Marquee have mums of all stripes catered for, offering nine different themed Mother’s Day gift boxes containing products and services redeemable across all locations. The ‘Busy Mom Box’ (Dh350) holds a treat me hair facial, plus a repair me wash and rinse to suit mums with no time to spare, while the ‘Glamorous Mom Box’ (Dh895) offer a root tint and shine bath, cut and blow-dry, and an angel wash and rinse. We know for sure that our ‘Exhausted Mom’ will appreciate the classic mani-pedi, massage and bonus massage candle in their box (Dh510).
Mom Gift Boxes, from Dh320; The Nail Spa and Marquee, all locations across UAE; 600 544 001
28. Sensasia puts mums first again this March, offering a trio of treatments to suit those in all stages of motherhood. Their Adore Mums package is a 45-minute rejuvenating massage combined with a 30-minute facial treatment, which uses a selection of Elemis products tailored to her skin concerns. The My Mum & I package offers two 60-minute massages, which mum can share with you…or book in the second one for herself for a later date. Expectant mums don’t miss out with the Yummy Mummy-To-Be massage pinpointing areas of tensions and fluid retention.
Adore Mums package, Dh399 (regular price Dh574); My Mum & I package, Dh699 (regular price Dh840); Yummy Mummy-To-Be massage, Dh420 for 60 minutes; SensAsia Urban Spa, across all UAE locations; sensasiaspas.com
Offers valid through March 2018 unless otherwise indicated
To mum, with love
Pick mum up one of these special beauty treats to say thank you
1. Tiny Rituals Baby Massage Oil, Dh79, Rituals, Rituals boutiques
The Tiny Rituals collection uses ayurvedic principles to make bathtime a soothing experience. The massage oil uses rice milk and sweet almond oil to nourish both mummy and baby.
2. Rich & Powerful Kit, HydroPeptide, Dh995 (value Dh1,200), Sisters Beauty Lounge and other selected spas
Anti-aging experts HydroPeptide have released a super value box just for mums, containing their popular Power duo. The Power Serum works away at fine lines, while the Power Lift deeply hydrates.
3. Rescue Cream, Fifi & Friends, Dh45, mumzworld.com
Described as ‘kind baby care’, Fifi & Friends by Tamara Ecclestone has just landed in the UAE. We like the hypoallergenic Rescue Cream, a rich and intensive treatment for skin emergencies both during and post-pregnancy.
4. Peppy Gift Set, Natio, Dh85, natio.com.au
This peppermint and eucalyptus-scented collection will put some pep in mum’s step. The set includes a Hydrating Body Soap, pep-Up Body Cleanser, Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion, and an exfoliating body mitt.