I’d like to include more vegetables in my diet but the truth is I hate veggies. What do I do?
Vegetables are one easy way to regulate your healthy hormones. These are low in calories but loaded with nutrients. Here are five easy ways to increase your vegetable consumption without getting bored of them. Use the following options for dinner to try and knock off some excess weight.
1. Chop veggies finely and cook in a pasta sauce before baking the mixture with some vegan cheese for a low carb/slow carb dinner option. Adding some cashew cream on top along with some nutritional yeast can add that creamy effect without using cheese.
2. Try clean kale or vegetable chips along with an avocado and some soup at dinner. Just make sure the packet you buy does not have maltodextrin and other nasty ingredients like hydrogenated oil in the ingredient list.
3. Having zoodles (zucchini noodles) cooked in pesto sauce is a great way to increase your daily vegetable intake, too.
4. Caulifower rice with some vegetables or Thai chicken curry on the side can serve as a healthy vegetable-rich, low-carb dinner option.
5. Pressure-cook vegetables such as spinach, carrots, tomatoes and onions with lentils (dhals) and Indian spices. Adding a tsp of ghee on top can also mask the taste of the vegetables, but still give you all the nutrients.
Rashi Chowdhary is a nutritionist, diabetes educator and creator of The Protein Bake Shop.