More on the Covid-19 pandemic
- How to deep clean your home: Tips on coronavirus disinfection
- How Covid-19 affects people with diabetes
- Accept your worries to sleep better: Tips to beat insomnia during the pandemic
- More tips, stories, updates on the coronavirus pandemic
The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha) recently opened 13 new mobile drive-through testing centres for Covid-19 across the country, in addition to the UAE's first facility in Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi that opened late last month.
There are also other drive-through facilities in Dubai maintained by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and a private health group.
These facilities provide residents an easier and safer alternative to getting a Covid-19 test, as the entire process can be completed in around five minutes without having to leave one's vehicle. However, most of the facilities priotise those who are considered more vulnerable to the disease, although precautionary tests may be accepted for a certain fee.
The Seha-operated drive-through centres are located in:
• Ghayathi (Abu Dhabi) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 12noon and 4pm to 8pm
• Madinat Zayed, Al Dhafra (Abu Dhabi) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Al Bahia (Abu Dhabi) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Al Wathba (Abu Dhabi) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Zayed Sports City (Abu Dhabi) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Al Hili (Al Ain) – Timing: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Asharej (Al Ain) – Timings: Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm
• Port Rashid (Dubai) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Al Khawaneej (Dubai) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Al-Bait-Motwahid Hall (Umm Al Qaiwain) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Near the Sharjah Golf and Shooting Club (Sharjah) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Rumailah Square (Fujairah) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Al Jurf 2 (Ajman) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
• Dafan Al Khor Centre (Ras Al Khaimah) – Timing: Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
How book a test
You can book a test at these drive-through centres through the Seha app (available on Android and Apple) or by calling 800 1717.
Who will be tested?
Those with symptoms, senior citizens, pregnant women and those who suffer from chronic diseases will be given priority.
Precautionary examinations will cost Dh370. Payments are done electronically through the Seha application.
The facilities can accommodate between 500 and 600 people daily. Results will be available in three to five days.
DHA testing centre
The DHA operates a test centre at Al Nasr Club in Oud Metha. The centre is open Sunday to Thursday, 8am to 6.30pm. To book a test, call 800 342 (800DHA).
The centre is only for priority residents: those who are either above 60 years old, pregnant women, have an ongoing chronic disease or have Covid-19 symptoms. The test is free for persons belonging to these categories. For other categories, call 800 1717.
Test results will be available in 48 hours through the DHA app (available on Android and Apple) and clicking ‘Lab Results’ and then ‘Patient Services’. No more than three passengers are permitted to be in a car when going for a test.
Other Dubai drive-through test centres
Al Futtaim Health Hub also operates six drive-through centres:
- Dubai Festival City – Dubai
- Al Qusais – Dubai
- Silicon Oasis – Dubai
- Discovery Gardens – Dubai
- Al Warqa – Dubai
- International City – Dubai
To book a test, call 04 260 8777. Testing fees are Dh370 for those showing symptoms and Dh425 for asymptomatic cases.
Dubai residents will need to apply for a travel permit on www.dxbmovepermit.ae to be able to visit the test centre.
Jobannie C. Tabada