Access to and use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions (the Terms and Conditions”):
1. By using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions,which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use the Site.
2. The Owner may update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by the posting changes online. Please review these Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of all changes made thereto. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted means that you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions as updated or amended.
3. Access of this site is for non-commercial use only. For the avoidance of doubt, you can view the content on your receiving device solely for that purpose but you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Site content in any way except for your own personal use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from the Site content. Any other use of the Site content requires the prior written permission of the Owner. If the Owner has granted a specific license to you, you may copy or reproduce Site content if such copying or reproduction is incidental or necessitated by your legitimate business needs, strictly subject to the requirement that all Site content is properly accredited to the Owner.
4. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of any other user or restrict or inhibit any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
5. In accessing the Site, you agree not to:
5.1. impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use to create a false identity or e-mail address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origins of any communications;
5.2. damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Site or to anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality;
5.3. threaten, harass, stop, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy) of others;
5.4. make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, “trojan horses”, “worms” or any other harmful software; or
5.5. post, upload, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute or make available information or other material on the Site:
(i) that constitutes or encourages conduct that would give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability;
(ii) which is protected by copyright or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining prior written permission of the intellectual property right holder; or
(iii) otherwise use the Site in a manner which is contrary to law or which may, in the opinion of the Owner, adversely impact use of the Site or the internet.
The Owner retains the absolute right to prevent you from accessing the Site, without prejudice to any of the Owner’s available rights and remedies, where it, in its absolute and sole discretion, considers that you are contravening these Terms and Conditions and/or any other access policy relating to the Site that may be maintained by the Owner.
7. The Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Owner, its products and/or services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations. The Owner does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs, corrupt data, “trojan horses”, “worms” or any other harmful software.
The Owner assumes no responsibility to you or any third party for any errors or omissions of any kind in the Site content or deriving therefrom and disclaims all warranties and to any other matter relating to the Site and the Site content, including but not limited to, any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
8. Under no circumstances will the Owner be liable for any damages and/or losses and/or other claims (whether the same were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Site or the content available or referred to on the Site or on any other site that you may access through the Site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation:
8.1. loss of data;
8.2. loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
8.3. loss of business;
8.4. loss of opportunity;
8.5. loss of goodwill or injury to reputation/defamation;
8.6. losses suffered by third parties; or
8.7. any indirect, consequential, special, incidental or exemplary damages.
9. All material contained on the Site is published in good faith. The Owner does not in any circumstance accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of any Advertisement or message published or its compliance with any legal or regulatory requirements (nor is any kind of warranty expressed or implied by such publication). The Owner specifically disclaims all and any liability to the Buyer, Advertisers, readers and users or any other person of any kind for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and however arising, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause, and whether on the part of the Owner or its employees or agents or any other person. Under no circumstances shall the Owner be liable to the Buyer, Advertisers, readers and users or any other person for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of sales, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, whether or not the Owner was advised of the possibility of such losses. In all other respects, the Owner’s liability shall be limited to the relevant fee paid by the Buyer.
10. We use DFP ad serving technology to help with serving digital advertisements and collecting information about your visits to this website, which may be utilised by DFP and us in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Further information about DFP technology use is available on this link https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en
By using this website you consent to the processing of data about you by DFP and us.
To deliver our services, we use Lotame Crowd Control tags to collect, organise, and use non-personal information reflecting your interactions with our websites. This information includes items such as the date and time you visited our websites, your browser information, your IP address, your browsing behaviour, your age and gender, and interests you express or imply at social networking sites or other websites you visit. Lotame Crowd Control recognizes your computer over time by setting a unique browser cookie, which your browser relays to our servers when you visit our websites that are affiliated with our partners or clients. To understand more about our data collection please visit http://lotame.com.
Opting Out or Customizing Your Experience: You have the option to opt-out by deleting your browser cookies. In event of any difficulty in opting-out you can refer to your web browser’s documentation to get more information on how to block or delete cookies directly through your browser settings.
Please also note that we use other third party services on our website that also collect information about your visits to this website in order to analyse and improve the services on the website.
11. The Owner reserves the right to modify or suspend the Site at any time and for so long as the Owner (at its sole discretion) may wish, as well as change or remove any Site content from the Site, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, at any time without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
12. Links available on the Site will allow you to link to websites not maintained or controlled by the Owner. The Owner provides these links for your convenience and is not responsible for the contents of any linked websites. The Owner cannot and does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any information available through these links and makes no representation or endorsement whatsoever about any other website which you may access through the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that any website you choose to use is free of potentially destructive items such as viruses.
13. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Owner from any and all liability, costs, claims, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses, including without limitation, all attorneys’ fees, which may be related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your account or in connection with the use of the Site or placement or transmission of any information or other materials on the Site by you or users of your account.
14. All intellectual property rights, including copyright and database rights, in this site and its contents (including but not limited to text, images, software, illustrations, artwork, high resolution photography, video clips, audio clips and any after- sales material, hereinafter referred to as “the materials”) are owned by or licensed by the Owner or otherwise used by the Owner as permitted by applicable law.
The names, images and logos identifying the Owner or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of the Owner and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Owner or any third party.
15. Where you are invited to submit a contribution to the Site (including but not limited to any text, photographs, video or graphics) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the Owner a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and other applicable rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to the Owner the rights set out above, you should not submit your contribution to the Site.
16. By submitting your contribution to the Site, you:
16.1. warrant that your contribution:
(i) is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Owner for all the purposes specified above;
(ii) is not defamatory;
(iii) will not cause incidental or consequential harm; and
(iv) does not infringe any law or regulation;
16.2. indemnify the Owner against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Owner as a result of your breach of the above warranty or otherwise; and
16.3. waive any moral and economical rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
17. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions appearing elsewhere on the Site, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail in respect of this Site.
18. No modification shall be binding unless made in writing by the Owner.
19. No waiver by the Owner shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect of which it was specifically given.
20. The Owner’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision contained herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision contained, or right granted, herein.
21. If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, by a court of competent jurisdiction within any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition, or part thereof, is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provisions contained herein.
22. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates applicable in the Emirate of Dubai.
Thank you for visiting and using the Site. We welcome your feedback and suggestions on all Site services. Please visit the ‘Contact Us’ page and write to us.
These terms and conditions are applicable to the competition (“Competition”) promoted by Al Nisr Publishing LLC (“We”, “we”, “us”, “Our”, “our”, as the context requires, which includes its affiliates and associate companies) in respect of Friday Magazine Survey (“Survey Terms and Conditions”, which includes all other terms and conditions incorporated here by reference). In addition, terms and conditions of third party providers also apply to winners of prizes, which have been provided at the end of these Survey Terms and Conditions.
Your use of the website will continue to be governed by the Terms and Conditions posted on the website itself (www.fridaymagazine.ae) (“Website”).
By your participation in the Competition, you are deemed to have consented to these Survey Terms and Conditions, and third party terms and conditions as specified above. Any of these terms and conditions may be revised anytime and/or any new third party terms and conditions may be included anytime and we are not under any obligation to notify you of such change. Any such revised version(s) shall be updated on the website.
1. Eligibility & Entry:
1.1 The competition is open to legal residents of the United Arab Emirates only.
1.2 Minimum age is 18 years.
1.3 Only individuals/natural persons may participate. Companies/partnership/sole establishments/legal entities are not eligible.
1.4 Any additional eligibility requirements shall be stated as part of the Competition, on the Website.
1.5 Employees working with us or any of our affiliates are not eligible to enter into the Competition, and this restriction applies to their immediate family members.
1.6 Whether a person has met the eligibility requirements shall be decided by us at our absolute discretion, and shall not be subject to any challenge.
1.7 Only completed surveys will be eligible for the prize. We reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete or deficient in any manner whatsoever.
1.8 We shall not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical or any other reason.
1.9 Only one (1) complete entry per participant will be eligible and limited to one email address and phone number. Subsequent entries from different email addresses and/or phone numbers for the same participant will not be accepted.
1.10 The prize is offered by Le Meridian Al – Aqah resort - 2 day (one night) staycation of one room/suite, for one family (maximum of 2 adults and 2 children). The winner will be selected by us from a randomiser software, as a lucky draw. Al Nisr Publishing LLC is not responsible for any undeliverable/undelivered prize notification e-mails or phone calls, any unclaimed or undeliverable/ undelivered prize, or lost or misplaced or unclaimed notifications or prize.
1.11 The entrant warrants that all information provided as part of the entry is true and correct.
1.12 We have the right and sole and absolute discretion to reject entries or any matter or content that are, in our opinion, unlawful, racist, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, offensive, abusive or could be harassing or distressful or threatening to any person in any manner, or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to our goodwill and reputation and/or that of the magazine that is running the particular Competition or any third party, whether such ground for rejection affects part or whole of entry or matter.
1.13 Contestants must submit any written entry using their legal name. Any attempts to circumvent this rule shall be deemed to be a basis for disqualifying the entrant.
1.14 Any breach or violation (actual or alleged) of these Survey Terms and Conditions or any suspected fraud could result in disqualification, or forfeiture, or a requirement to refund the prize, as the case may be, at our sole discretion. In the event of any fraud or attempt to any fraud by the entrant, we shall have a right to take appropriate legal action against such entrant.
2.1 The Prize is non-transferable. Prizes must be accepted in the form offered, and there are no alternatives or exchanges available. In certain cases, prizes may be substituted by products/ services that are broadly of equivalent value at our discretion, and the same may not be challenged. Where the prize consists of certain date specific components, it must be utilized on the specified date or are deemed to be waived.
2.2 Notification to the winner shall be provided by Verve Marketing & Communication FZE either by telephone or e-mail. The prize must be claimed as per the timelines and processes of Verve Marketing & Communication FZE as informed by Verve Marketing & Communication FZE to the winner, otherwise it may be awarded to an alternative winner or forfeited completely.
2.3 Collection of the prize shall be done by the winner or duly authorized representative of the winner, whose identity will be accepted at our discretion.
2.4 For any entry or prize, documents identifying the person, including but not limited to proof of address, may be requested by us, and the prize may be made subject to such documents being satisfactory.
2.5 The prize is all inclusive, and does not entail or imply any additional liability which may be incurred by the winner.
2.6 Entrants and/or winners are strongly advised to consider their medical conditions for any activities to be undertaken for the Competition or prizes won by them, as the case may be, to avoid adverse results.
2.7 We provide the prize as is, and do not make any representations or warranties about its merchantability, durability, quality, market value or fitness of purpose.
2.8 The prize must be availed within the time period specified in these Survey Terms and Conditions, or the Website, as the case may be.
2.9 Any entitlement under the prize which is not availed, whether in part or in full, shall be deemed to have been fully utilised.
2.10 These Survey Terms and Conditions are also applicable to any travelling companion of the winner. If the travelling companion is a minor, he/she has to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and such parent/legal guardian shall be deemed to have provided written consent for the minor by such act.
2.11 Insurance is not a part of the prize, and is the responsibility of the winner.
2.12 The prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable compliances and regulations. We shall not be liable for/to any direct and/ or indirect claims, actions, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and/or costs arising out of or in connection with any of the afore-mentioned, even if we have been advised of the possibility of the same.
2.13 We shall not be liable for any harm or loss suffered by the winner in any manner whatsoever during the stay, including but not limited to any accidents or cancellations or delay. Failure to redeem the prize due to any reason, including but not limited to any travel warning or advisory, shall not render us liable to substitute the prize or compensate the winner in any manner.
3. Personal Information:
3.2 Personal information of any third party may be submitted only after obtaining prior written consent of such third party, which is the responsibility of such entrant, and we shall not be liable for breach of this obligation or any ensuing claims, actions, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and/or costs and the entrant shall indemnify us in respect of any of the afore-mentioned.
4. Use, Disclosure and Publicity:
4.1 The entrant agrees that we have the right to publish and/or utilise in any manner the information and information related to their entry and/or publicity, including any personal information as provided, for the purposes of the Competition and incidental matters and/or for the review/development/modification of the magazine, whether in the same form or as derivative form(s) or in statistical form or any other relevant form.
Further, the entrant agrees that we have the right to share with third parties (including but not limited to Marriott International Inc. and/or its affiliates, associates or group companies) any of the aforesaid, where this is required for promoting their association with the Competition or prize and/or seeking professional services or consultancy regarding the magazine and/or us.
The entrant agrees that to enable us for the above, they have granted us an unlimited, perpetual and unrestricted right and license to use, reproduce, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, disseminate, exploit and/ or modify the afore-said information or material.
4.2 Rights to any photo, audio and/or video recording that may be taken as part of the publicity of the Competition shall vest solely in us, and we shall have the unlimited and unrestricted right and license to use these via any medium.
5. Intellectual Property:
5.1 The entrant warrants that any photograph, video clip, audio clip, image, text, and/or any other form of intellectual property provided by them as part of their entry in any Competition is owned by them as per applicable laws or that they have a lawful right to use the same in an unlimited and unrestricted manner. The entrant undertakes that such materials and the entry are not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and do not contain anything which is unlawful, racist, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, offensive, abusive or harassing or distressful or threatening in any manner.
6. Indemnity and Exclusion of Liability:
6.1 The entrant(s) and/or winner agree that they shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our directors, agents, assigns, representatives, associates and/or employees, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and/or costs, including attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, arising out of any actual or alleged breach of any of their warranties or obligations (or those of the persons such entrant/winner is responsible for as per these Survey Terms and Conditions), and also agree not to bring any claim, action or suit of any nature whatsoever against us, including but not limited to a suit for injunction relating to the information or materials provided to us.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude and shall not be liable to any entrant or winner, and/or any person claiming under any entrant or winner, for any claims, actions, demands, suits, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and/or costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, against us, our directors, agents, assigns, representatives, associates and/or employees, arising out of or in connection with any Competition, including any prize provided by a third party.
7.1 All decisions made by us are final and not subject to challenge.
7.2 Any Competition may be terminated at any time at our sole discretion, without any liability to any entrant or prospective entrant.
7.3 These Survey Terms and Conditions and all documents referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
7.4 No waiver by us shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect of which it is specifically given. Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision contained herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision contained, or right granted, herein.
7.5 If any of these Survey Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, by a court of competent jurisdiction within any state or country in which these Survey Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which The Survey Terms or Conditions, or part thereof, is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provisions contained herein.
7.6 These Survey Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates (applicable in the Emirate of Dubai), and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai .
Additional terms and conditions from third parties
Additional terms and conditions from Le Méridien Al-Aqah Resort, owned by Marriott International Inc.
- To qualify as a child for the staycation prize, the minor must be below the age of 12; a minor in the age group of 13-17 years may accompany the winner, provided that this will be treated as use of one of the adult entitlement under the staycation
The prize cannot be availed without the winner using the staycation
- Advance booking required (atleast two weeks prior to the commencement of the stay), in any case, subject to availability
- Not to be availed in conjunction with other offers
- Printed voucher to be presented at arrival
- Validity of the voucher is six (6) months from the date of first intimation to the winner by Verve Marketing & Communication FZE
- Voucher is not transferable
- Verve Marketing & Communication FZE will be contacting the winner
Staycation and use of the hotel/resort and/or its facilities and services is subject to terms and conditions of the hotel/resort